The Triflux Floating Structure(TFS) is a dual power system that is an ideal offshore solution where electrical generation is desired in deep waters. The helix shaped rotor is perfect for catching winds from every direction and eliminating the need for a yaw system. The floating structure also utilizes the unique levitating 3-phase generator for obtaining frictionless rotation. Also, our floating structure’s unique design submerges the solenoid/buoy system and interacts with the magnetic stem to generate power from local wave movements and tidal elevation fluctuation. This gives the system 3 scenario types, in which power is generated.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The three major problems with traditional offshore wind turbines
1) Can harness power only when there is wind present, which can range from 30%-60% of the time, and if there is no wind, then the turbine sits ideal.
2) High friction loss and heat loss are typical in the traditional offshore wind turbines and a prime example of this takes place in the gearbox where mechanical advantages are sought and efficiency losses are often achieved.
3) Traditional offshore wind turbines are utilizing the, bigger is better model. Since the wind is not always present, the manufacturers are left to make giant structures for maximizing the opportunity to harness the wind as it shows up. Giant structures are not only inefficient but also unhealthy for the environment when dealing with the disposal of these structures.
Triflux Energy's Solution
1) The Triflux structures harness both wind, wave, and tidal energy. The helix rotor captures wind energy and the solenoid/buoy system interacts with the magnetic stem to harness wave and tidal energy.
2) The Triflux structures can mitigate friction and heat loss by utilizing a Rotor Levitation Chamber to levitate the helix rotor blade and the 3-phase generator. This creates friction-free rotation in the Helix rotor and allows for low-speed power generation.
3) The Triflux structures aim to provide smart sustainable solutions to the offshore wind industry by harnessing many of nature's elements. Harnessing multiple elements allows us to have a smaller and more efficient design in regards to O&M, transportation, assembly, disposal, and power generation.
Triflux Floating Structure(TFS) generating electricity from the wind, wave and tidal elevation fluctuation.
1) The helix rotor is attached to the 3-phase generator, which both are levitated by magnetism and are able to create electricity as the rotor rotates.
2) The floating platform keeps the structure buoyant (floating).
3)The Solenoid & buoy assembly is attached to the ocean floor and interacts with the magnetic stem to generate electricity with any wave movement or tidal fluctuation.